Cobra Oar Locks
Forged from a specially formulated “Mag 70” high strength bronze alloy that is used in marine grade propellers, clamps and rudders. Chosen for its high tensile strength and corrosion resistance, resulting in a super heavy-duty oarlock that is extremely durable. These bronze oarlocks are also designed to be adjustable to fit your oar and style of rowing.
The Cobra Oar Lock is quite simply the best whitewater oarlock available. Utilizing the vast experience and suggestions of whitewater professionals, this oarlock is designed with unique features that enhance performance and usability.
- Extra wide horns - spread out the load bearing area and reduce stress on the oar and lock.
- Elongated Oval Opening – smaller radius at the bottom than the top of the opening and adds 10° to 15° of vertical range of motion. The oar maintains contact with the sidewalls of the lock for a secure fit, while allowing free rotation for sculling and in-water recovery strokes. The extra range of motion allows for stand-up rowing, close-in sculling and more elevation to avoid hazards and obstacles (like those other boaters that always seem to be in the way).
- Tough Hammered Finish – helps limit the oar’s tendency to “slip to the stop” and eases the ability to perform more advanced rowing techniques with less fatigue.
- Versatility – Can be fine-tuned to fit almost any oar size and stop style.
- Total length: 7 3/4”
- Standard shank dimensions: 3 3/4“ L x 5/8” Diam.